Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Service uses OLAP.5 to access On Prem SSAS Cube instead of OLAP.8

Hi,

We upgraded our Analysis services from 2016 to 2017 and our DataSet refresh are taking longer.

PowerBI logs do have the below warning everytime Service is querying the Cubes

Service Msolap progid is different with on-prem. Service:MSOLAP.5. On-Prem:MSOLAP.8.

After this I have installed the lates Client dlls on the machine which has the On-Prem Gateway as well.

Any ideas how this can be fixed?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous ,

Based on my research, Analysis Services utilize three client libraries, data providers. ADOMD.NET and Analysis Services Management Objects (AMO). The Analysis Services OLE DB Provider (MSOLAP DLL) is a native client library. Typically, all three are installed at the same time. Azure Analysis Services requires the latest versions of all three libraries.

So you should download and update the three lastest client libraries for connecting to azure analysis services. Please refer to the documentation: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/analysis-services/analysis-services-data-providers.

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-danhe-msft,

Thanks for getting back to me quickly, I have gone through documentation and have installed the latest client libraries where I have On-Prem Gateway Installed before I posted this question.

Note: We have Gateway on the same server as our Analysis service is installed.

Would there be any registering issue of the client libraries which is not able to pick the latest dlls?

I could see the previous version of the dll there on the server.

Thanks,

Karthik

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors