Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Steve
Frequent Visitor

Service Asset Restoration

Hi all,

Does anyone know whether Microsoft provide a restoration service (process? cost?) to bring back deleted reports and dashboards that were created in the service and perhaps accidentally deleted?

I am working with an Enterprise customer and this is one area of concern - obviously we can come up with several methods for version controlling PBIX files but once a dataset is published to the Service, additional reports and dashboards can be created that are not part of that original PBIX file.  How can these be safeguarded?

I appreciate there's a preview feature for downloading PBIX files from reports which can certainly help but what about reports were there are no downloaded copies and Dashboards which are Service only features ?

Many thanks

Steve

2 REPLIES 2

@Steve I am not aware of anything like this, nor a work-around. I would add some votes to this idea, or create your own if it doesn't match exactly what you need.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Thanks very much.  Idea up voted 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors