Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Petanek333
Helper III
Helper III

Sending an email triggered not by the creator, Power Automate

Hi, 

although I first put a post directly in the Power automate forum, I was advised to post it here as the issue would probably be with Power BI and not Power Automate.

I created a report and flow in Power BI Desktop, I uploaded the report to the server and the flow works so that the user filters the data he wants to see and the content of the table is sent to the email of the trader (it is an accounts receivable report), whom he selects with a slicer and triggers the flow with a button.
Everything works as it should, but only for me as the report creator. When someone else from the organization logs in with their login, the flow fails. The flow ends at Send an email (V2) and I was wondering if it could be that the flow can only be started and the email sent from the account that created it.

But I don't know, there could be another problem. I don't have that much experience with Power Automate, and I don't really know how to figure out why flow doesn't run. When I run it through the Power BI Desktop, I know where to look for errors and troubleshoot, but when sending from the cloud I don't know.

Can you help me either with the specific issue or at least tell me how to recognize what is the problem with the flow?

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors