Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

jja
Helper III
Helper III

Send report by email with filtered data

Hi

Can i send powerbi report to user with filtered data where filters would be Current year, Current Month, Current day?

IS it possible to achieve this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Power BI report Subscription can do what you trying to achieve but here are some considerations:

1 - the filters in the report have to be set to update daily ( can be done using DAX or filter options)
2 - Recipients must have Power BI license ( Pro license if you dont have premium capacity or free license if you have premium capacity)

There is another 3rd party tool that does the same thing but bypass the licensing requirements. But still comes with a subscription cost.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jja
Helper III
Helper III

@Tutu_in_YYC 

I think i did not tell in my first post correctly. I want this records(snapshop or pdf) to be sent to user weekly by email.

User will not have powerbi license. He only needs to open in email pdf ir snapshot. And as it is weekly means dates needs to change dynamicaly on the filters

Power BI report Subscription can do what you trying to achieve but here are some considerations:

1 - the filters in the report have to be set to update daily ( can be done using DAX or filter options)
2 - Recipients must have Power BI license ( Pro license if you dont have premium capacity or free license if you have premium capacity)

There is another 3rd party tool that does the same thing but bypass the licensing requirements. But still comes with a subscription cost.

Tutu_in_YYC
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Yes you can, just filter the report and hit share button. And an option to "Include my changes" will be there.

Tutu_in_YYC_0-1648481831346.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

PBI_Carousel_NL_June

Fabric Community Update - June 2024

Get the latest Fabric updates from Build 2024, key Skills Challenge voucher deadlines, top blogs, forum posts, and product ideas.