Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rbrandsbi
Frequent Visitor

Semantic model refreshs forever - but in desktop is OK

Hey guys,

My semantic model takes about 4-5 minutes to refresh.

Today, with nothing different from before, it won't stop refreshing (it starts and doesn't stop). No error, just won't stop refreshing.

It has happened before, and that day at 12 a.m., all of a sudden, it worked normally.

As a stopgap measure, I'm updating from Desktop and publishing manually.

Any ideias?

13 REPLIES 13
dp410
Advocate II
Advocate II

Support have let me know that the ETA for the fix is currently the 8th March. 

rbrandsbi
Frequent Visitor

Hello everyone,

I'm not having this problem anymore.

I didn't do anything to fix it, it "naturally" came back the way it was supposed to.

I hope you guys got your issues fixed!

v-nuoc-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rbrandsbi 

This issue has been confirmed as a known issue internally.

This issue will be fixed in the future release, there is no ETA for now.

Please be patient to wait for fixing. If there is any news, I will update it here.

Regards,

Nono Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

hey @v-nuoc-msft , all good?

any news on the subject?

It's also happening in Australia East (New South Wales)

We followed support advice yesterday and re-published the dataset into another workspace. We tested refresh times and they were about 7 minutes. I then re-deployed the dataset for production in another workspace, set up the security roles etc and when I've gone to do the first refresh it's been running now for over 20 minutes and has not completed. 

An almost identical dataset (the only difference being a few RLS rule changes) on our A1 capacity has taken 2 minutes. 

So something has broken again since 24 hours ago. This needs rectifying urgently as it's causing significant impact. 

cassidy
Power Participant
Power Participant

You don't even need to publish it into a different workspace, it can be the same workspace with a slightly different name so that it doesn't replace. This generates a new model Id and it will refresh correctly. I did this on Friday, but after 48 hours of success, that duplicate also stopped working. I'm on my 3rd copy now. 

Thanks @v-nuoc-msft , note this issue is a severe impact to our business and others I'm sure. Reports have little value if they don't have updated data. 

cassidy
Power Participant
Power Participant

dp410
Advocate II
Advocate II

Same issue here. Speaking to support later today

cassidy
Power Participant
Power Participant

@dp410  I am now unable to reproduce the issue in my Capacity, are you experience positive results again?

My MSFT rep wasn't sure if it had been resolved, but is checking. Trying to get context.

Yes I am still experiencing issues. I just tried a refresh on dataset I uploaded today to replace the one which was not working yesterday and it's gone way past the time I would expect it to take. These are both on shared capacity, my A1 instance has not had any issues.

cedar
Frequent Visitor

Hi, could I ask if the issue is fixed? I have the same problem. It started with one dashboard this morning, but now it affects all dashboards in the same workspace.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors