Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

TylerLenz
Regular Visitor

Scorecards Checking in After Due Date has Passed

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know if there is going to be future implementation for tracking scorecard metrics with a hard due date?

For example, suppose I have made a scorecard for a salesman that entails their full-year goal as the main metric and their Q1, Q2, Q3, and Q4 sales as sub-metrics. Obviously, these goals will have a hard start/end date. If I set up my connections to check in daily so that I get a trend for them to look at as the year/quarter progresses everything is fine.

My problem with this is that the data continues to check in after the due date has passed. This causes a flat trend to show on their Q1 sales now instead of the timeline of their actual Q1 sales during the predefined time period upon creating the sub-metric. Why would you have to go in and manually turn off the check-in procedure for something that in my mind should automatically be turned off after the due date has passed? 

The example I provided:

TylerLenz_0-1685567913895.png

If anyone could provide some insight, it would be appreciated. I would like to know what the best method is for making sure that this sub-metric trend will only hold the Q1 data so that we could see when performance was high/slowed down/etc if possible. This is something that I want to make sure is implemented for the remaining fiscal quarters this year.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @TylerLenz ,

If you would like to suggest  feature improvements, you may  vote the idea and comment here  to improve this feature. It is a place for customers provide feedback about Microsoft Office products . What’s more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Best Regards,

Neeko Tang

If this post  helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TylerLenz
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-tangjie-msft ,

Has there ever been discussion for there to be an option under the tracking cycle functionality for the check-in process to stop after the due date set on the metric/submetric has passed? I think that this would be extremely useful for large scorecards with multiple metrics/submetrics that all have similar due dates. Having to go through 50-75 of them at a time to turn off the cycle tracking manually is a pain that a simple functionality change in the system could solve pretty easily.

Thank you!

Hi @TylerLenz ,

If you would like to suggest  feature improvements, you may  vote the idea and comment here  to improve this feature. It is a place for customers provide feedback about Microsoft Office products . What’s more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Best Regards,

Neeko Tang

If this post  helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-tangjie-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @TylerLenz ,

One option is to update the metric tracking cycle for your sub-metrics. All new metrics created within scorecards have a default daily tracking cycle, which means that the data and progress are calculated on a day-to-day basis. You can change the tracking cycle to weekly, monthly, quarterly, or yearly. This way, you can see the trend for each sub-metric within the specified time period.

Another option is to use Power Automate to update metrics automatically. You can use Power Automate to create a flow that triggers when a metric reaches its end date and stops the check-in procedure for that metric. You can also use Power Automate to perform other actions on your metrics, such as creating a check-in, adding a note, updating a status, and so on.

I hope this helps you with your scorecard metrics. If you need more information, you can refer to the following sources:

Create a metrics visual in a Power BI report - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Stay on top of your metrics in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Protect your scorecards with metric-level permissions - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,

Neeko Tang

If this post  helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors