Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Scheduled refresh on service for R scripts in PowerQuery

Hi!

We are using R scripts in Power Query for some data processing and transformations.

We uploaded it to service however it is not getting refreshed. I see a note that I need a personal gateway.

Can the refresh be done without this, since we want to operationalise this solution and do not want to use any personal connections. Any way to have R on shared location and eliminate need of personal gateway.

Any other suggestions are welcome too!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. I'm sorry but you can't do that. R scripts or connectors need a Power Bi Personal Data Gateway. You can't get rid of it with R. If you want to get rid of the gateway you might need to consider doing the R transformations in Power Query M language.

I hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. I'm sorry but you can't do that. R scripts or connectors need a Power Bi Personal Data Gateway. You can't get rid of it with R. If you want to get rid of the gateway you might need to consider doing the R transformations in Power Query M language.

I hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Is there anything that offers an explanation as to why it's an obstacle to make this available in Enterprise Gateways?  I have seen posts reaching back for four or five years that explain the problem and recommend using perosonal gateway, but nothing that gives a reason why personal mode works and enterprise does not.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors