Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JSV
Frequent Visitor

Scheduled refresh keeps failing

Hi, could you please help, I've tried to look into this but can't figure out wha't causing the error:

Error description:

An error occurred while processing the data in the dataset.
Refresh failed:

report name has failed to refresh.
Failure details: The last refresh attempt failed because of an internal service error. This is usually a transient issue. If you try again later and still see this message, contact support.
{"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_DataSourceAccessError","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_DataSourceAccessError","parameters":{},"details":[],"exceptionCulprit":1}}} Table: name.
Next refresh for report name is scheduled for September 24, 2020 7:30 UTC.

Context

scheduled refresh fails but on demand completes fine (as does refresh in the desktop)

there was no problem before updating the Gateway, which included changing credentials to company account (admin)

the error references different tables on different days (4 in the data model, all of which are sql views)

the gateway and dataset connections show green (Gateway Online: You are good to go, dataset: Connection Successful)

Please let me know if any other info would make this clearer, it's been going on for a week and I'm out of ideas what the problem could be and what I can do to how to fix this. Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

Do you have the latest version of gateway installed?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

JSV
Frequent Visitor

@GilbertQ

Hi Gilbert,

Thanks for responding, I believe it's the latest version:

Product version: 3000.54.8, installed on 18sep2020.

(I'm wishing I'd just kept the previous one!)

Another idea what if you restart the Service on the Gateway server?

There is a Sep version of the Gateway now available.

Power BI Blog

JSV
Frequent Visitor

@GilbertQ 

Thanks, Gilbert, I'll try anything at this stage: restarted service, reset dataset credentials, republished report ... and, just to make my day more interesting, a copy of the report refreshes happily in my sandbox, not an error in sight! 

That is really weird that it works perfectly fine elsewhere.

What happens if you download it from the Power BI Service and upload it again after refreshing locally?

Power BI Blog

JSV
Frequent Visitor

Yep, weekly refresh for another report is produsing the same error ... the only commonality I could see would be time (it did refresh on shedule an hour later), hopefully I'm just hitting the wrong time and reschedulling the refresh will help. If not, I'll try your suggestion, many thanks for helping out!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors