Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

aakif_aslam
Helper I
Helper I

Save a copy of Report in My Workspace

Hi,

I'm trying to save a copy of a report in My Workspace but in dropdown My Workspace is not available to select rest all the other workspaces are visible. 

This is working for my colleague, for any report to save as a copy My Workspace is the default workspace for him.

I'm the owner of mostly all the worspaces. Am I missing something here, please let me know. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. You can't save as a Report from a workspace to the Personal Workspace from the UI. It's just not possible. If you are thinking about a backup or keep stable versions together, the best practice would be keeping all the PowerBi Desktop files with version control. Something with drive features like sharepoint or git repos.

I hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yinliw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @aakif_aslam ,

The feature is currently in the preview period and will be gradually deployed to your cluster.

However, save as a copy to My workspace is not supported in the current version.

Hope this helps you.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Yinliw

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. You can't save as a Report from a workspace to the Personal Workspace from the UI. It's just not possible. If you are thinking about a backup or keep stable versions together, the best practice would be keeping all the PowerBi Desktop files with version control. Something with drive features like sharepoint or git repos.

I hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors