Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

SarahT82

Salesforce report refresh error online

Hi,

please can someone advise, we have the below error when our scheduled refresh takes place.  If we manually refresh our reports on the desktop app we dont get this error and the reports refresh. 

Thanks 
Sarah  

Something went wrong

There was an error when processing the data in the dataset. Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.
  • MessageThe credentials provided for the Salesforce source are invalid. (Source at https://login.salesforce.com/.) Table: Last two years - all sales.
  • Cluster URIWABI-NORTH-EUROPE-redirect.analysis.windows.net
  • Activity ID9bfa149b-fca3-49f2-a80a-fd57b4f6446f
  • Request ID28b0c1b4-943b-954e-a2e8-3fe67fdbbb68
  • Time2020-02-11 15:04:15Z
4 REPLIES 4
ReportBuilder07
Helper III
Helper III

Hi, were you able to find a solution? I don't you were presenting that error, but I've used the Salesforce connector and I had some issues refreshing my data sometimes. As a workaround, maybe you can try to test your connection with a 3rd party connector. I've tried windsor.ai, supermetrics and funnel.io. I stayed with windsor because it is much cheaper so just to let you know other options. In case you wonder, to make the connection first search for the Salesforce connector in the data sources list:

SALESFORCE-1.png

After that, just grant access to your Salesforce account using your credentials, then on preview and destination page you will see a preview of your Salesforce fields:

SALESFORCE-2.png

There just select the fields you need. It is also compatible with custom fields and custom objects, so you'll be able to export them through windsor.  Finally, just select PBI as your data destination and finally just copy and paste the url on PBI --> Get Data --> Web --> Paste the url. 

SELECT_DESTINATION_NEW.png

cARLOSPERALTA
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi @SarahT82  @v-jayw-msft  @kyleuk, did you find a solution to this? Thank you in advance!

Carlos Peralta

carlosperalta.dev

v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SarahT82 ,

According to the error message "The credentials provided for the Salesforce source are invalid.", please check the data source  credentials dataset settings. Otherwise I'd like to suggest you to create support ticket.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro/

7.PNG

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay Wang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.
kyleuk

Hi,

We have also started having a similar issue, only with our Salesforce connected reports and online.

Posting in the hope this will get more attention.

Kyle

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors