Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

adonovan
Frequent Visitor

Salesforce refresh very slow in last week

Since last Monday my salesforce sources are taking significantly longer to refresh and no longer complete within the 2 hour window on the scheduled refresh. 

The data size has not increased substantially, even smaller objects are taking a lot longer to refresh. I made no changes to the reports before/during/after. The only way I can refresh my reports is via the desktop app and that takes a very long time also (2.5-3hrs). 

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced something similar, or has any ideas if this might be something on the salesforce or organization side, rather than a dataset growth issue. Or has the salesforce connector gotten slower? 

1 REPLY 1
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi adonovan. If the size of the file you have refreshed is almost the same than before and you haven't changed any table to the source, then it sounds like an issue of the SalesForce Server. I don't think it's a PowerBi Service Issue because as you said the desktop takes a lot of time too and that's a local connection.

Try reaching an administrator to check the status of the server and explain the table queries you have on your power bi.

I hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors