Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

SQL TEMP TABLE NOT WORKING IN PBI SERVICE REFRESHES

Dear all, 

Has anyone faced an issue where a temp table could not be refreshed in PBI service? I have a basic sql query with one temp table that works perfectly in PBI desktop, but once uploading to PBI service, it always seems to fail with the below error:

Pedro_Okazaki_0-1679419989800.png

My understanding is that if it is working on PBI desktop but not on the service, since it is a on prem gateway, the issue may be related to the gateway. On the other hand , if I do not create a temp table and just do a simple select into the table, there is no issues with the refresh.

What can be the issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

My understanding is that if it is working on PBI desktop but not on the service, since it is a on prem gateway, the issue may be related to the gateway.

Correct.  However the issue is not with the temp table. The issue is that the user of the gateway's connection does not have permission to access the view.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ryanbando

I am facing the same issue. Is there an alternative solution to avoid this?

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

My understanding is that if it is working on PBI desktop but not on the service, since it is a on prem gateway, the issue may be related to the gateway.

Correct.  However the issue is not with the temp table. The issue is that the user of the gateway's connection does not have permission to access the view.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors