Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

GoingIncognito
Advocate III
Advocate III

Running out of memory when using pbix-file as a data source

Hi.

I've a report on financial information - stocks and such. Now I've three pages that are almost identical but only the first one of them renders - the other two run out of memory. The first page is all the securities grouped to stocks, bonds and other. The second page has all the bonds at detail level and the third has all the stocks at detail level.

This report works just fine as pbix but when I use that pbix as a data source for paginated report the two afore mentioned pages run out of memory. There's really not that much data in it, and the calculations are mostly straightforward. 

So I'm really asking, any ideas what could lead to memory running out? Could functions treatas and allselected be complicated to evaluate in a paginated report?

2 REPLIES 2
v-alq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @GoingIncognito 

How about the memory usage whlie you are exporting the report? What is the version of the Paginated Report Builder? Please refer to this similar thread: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Report-Server/Power-BI-Paginated-Report-Builder-Dataset-run-error-S...

If it doesn't help, I'd like to suggest you open a support ticket here .

Best Regards

Allan

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Henrike
Regular Visitor

Hello

I seem to have a same type of problem.

I use excel files as datasourse. in the transform query I have quite some transformations and additions.

This was not a problem earlier, but now when I hit "close and apply" I get the warning that the application has run out of memory and has to shut down.

I seems that it started since the last update of PowerBI.

Anyone else has the same problems? or a way to fix it?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors