Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

fabiocesarei
Advocate I
Advocate I

Row Level Security and summarize table

hi , I have created a role based on the different companies to manage different profiles ,
I tested the operation on the PBI desktop and everything works.
In PBI service I associated the role
to a user who is part of my team but he sees the complete data , where am I wrong ?
should the role also work with the table summarize that have not among those used in the filter fields
( the Tables were created from that filtered ) ?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @fabiocesarei,

Could you please share sample data of your table and describe the detailed steps that how you create the role? After creating the role in Power BI Desktop, please validate the role by selecting “Test as role” to check if it works as expected. For more details, please review this article.

Besides, please note that when you publish Power BI Desktop report to a group within the Power BI service, group members that have edit permission can see the complete data even if you add them as members to the defined RLS roles. In other words, make sure that the group members can only view Power BI content within the group settings because roles will be applied to read-only members.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @fabiocesarei,

Could you please share sample data of your table and describe the detailed steps that how you create the role? After creating the role in Power BI Desktop, please validate the role by selecting “Test as role” to check if it works as expected. For more details, please review this article.

Besides, please note that when you publish Power BI Desktop report to a group within the Power BI service, group members that have edit permission can see the complete data even if you add them as members to the defined RLS roles. In other words, make sure that the group members can only view Power BI content within the group settings because roles will be applied to read-only members.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Lydia ,I understood this doing various tests
but I thought "edit permission" was only graph.
In this situation if I want to publish reports with edit permissions but filtered by role, I have to initially filter the data set , haven't I?

Thanks

Fabio

Hi @fabiocesarei,

You would need to filter the data set rather than using role when group members have edit permissions on the group content.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors