Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

M_J_Farrow
Advocate II
Advocate II

Rolling out Power BI

Hi,

I work in a large business (55,000+). I'm in a particular sector of this business (around 800 people). I am currently looking into whether the wider business already is making use of Power BI and has an existing premium account as a way of rolling out Power BI to my part of the business.

Presuming this is not the case, I would like advice about the most cost effective way of rolling out Power BI. Currently we have around 5 content creators and will probably have 30-50 content users (read only). My undestanding is that all content creators and users will require Power BI Pro. However, is it possible, for instance, to embedd a report in a web page as a mode of sharing. Alternitavley, is there a way to get a read only subscription (I don't see anything on the website). It may prove difficult to create a business case that requires a bottom heavy user base to pay a monthly subscription to view reports from only a few content creators.

Thanks,

Matthew

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
quentin_vigne
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @M_J_Farrow

If it is for a lot of people (1000+), I recommend you to use this tool : https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/calculator/

If it is for 50 persons only, it will more easy to pay for license only for people who will create and then embed your report on a website for the one who wants to read it. But be carefull, it mean that anyone with the link will be able to read it.

- Quentin

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
quentin_vigne
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @M_J_Farrow

If it is for a lot of people (1000+), I recommend you to use this tool : https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/calculator/

If it is for 50 persons only, it will more easy to pay for license only for people who will create and then embed your report on a website for the one who wants to read it. But be carefull, it mean that anyone with the link will be able to read it.

- Quentin

Thanks Quentin. Would it be possible to embed on an intranet webpage?

@M_J_Farrow

Yes it is possible, but from the moment that you choose to publish the report to web, the report is public. 

You can embedd it anywhere you want (application / private web site / intranet) but If a random user have the link to the report, he will be able to see it and share to anyone. 

That's the major problem.

Else I think there is something called PowerBI report server, and maybe it's more safe. (But as I don't use it I can't tell you more about it)

- Quentin

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

February 2024 Update Carousel

Power BI Monthly Update - February 2024

Check out the February 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Fabric Career Hub

Microsoft Fabric Career Hub

Explore career paths and learn resources in Fabric.

Fabric Partner Community

Microsoft Fabric Partner Community

Engage with the Fabric engineering team, hear of product updates, business opportunities, and resources in the Fabric Partner Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors