Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Archana8889

Revert app update

The recent update in Apps has caused issue in in our app. I would like to revert the changes. How can we do that ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Archana8889 @kmes912 @Rumpelstiltskin ,

I’ve checked with the product group. They won’t provide an ability to switch the app to the old UI. But recently, there is a known issue related to the app upgrade experience: Unable to update apps in the new app experience- Organizational App Updates now enforce the documented limit of 100 users or groups.

Public documentation already documents a limit of 100 users or groups to whom the app may be shared. See https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-create-distribute-apps#considera....  Previously the product group were not enforcing this limit due to a bug. Recently, they started enforcing this limit. Some customers who update the app and have shared it to more than 100 users previously will run into an issue when updating the app. They are aware of this issue and are increasing the share-user limit to 1000 and that change will be finished before Mid-September.

If you see such issue, please try this workaround. The workaround is provided in the documentation itself. • You can have at most 100 users or groups in the access list for the app. However, you can give more than 100 users access to the app. To do so, use one or more user groups that contain all the desired users.

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please let me know. Thanks a lot!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
siucgrad02
Regular Visitor

Same here. Users are not happy with changes pushed. Had to rebuild app and users still are having trouble getting to reports.

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Archana8889 @kmes912 @Rumpelstiltskin ,

I’ve checked with the product group. They won’t provide an ability to switch the app to the old UI. But recently, there is a known issue related to the app upgrade experience: Unable to update apps in the new app experience- Organizational App Updates now enforce the documented limit of 100 users or groups.

Public documentation already documents a limit of 100 users or groups to whom the app may be shared. See https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-create-distribute-apps#considera....  Previously the product group were not enforcing this limit due to a bug. Recently, they started enforcing this limit. Some customers who update the app and have shared it to more than 100 users previously will run into an issue when updating the app. They are aware of this issue and are increasing the share-user limit to 1000 and that change will be finished before Mid-September.

If you see such issue, please try this workaround. The workaround is provided in the documentation itself. • You can have at most 100 users or groups in the access list for the app. However, you can give more than 100 users access to the app. To do so, use one or more user groups that contain all the desired users.

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please let me know. Thanks a lot!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

kmes912
Helper I
Helper I

Same issue here. View is terrible. 

Rumpelstiltskin
Regular Visitor

I think Microsoft hates us. Why did I click that cursed "Upgrade" button ? It messed up an app with a big audience...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors