Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Halah_MS
Frequent Visitor

Restore Power Bi Pro trial

I have activated my Power Bi trial by mistake and so I cancelled it. I have been working on a report for months now and wanted to use the trial to see if our company needs it or not. But now I can't find the trial option at all!

I have contacted my provider support and they said

"We have reviewed your request and checked internally as well and found that once the trial licenses has been cancelled its not possible to restore it ."

Is this true? can I please get help on this? this doesn't make sense since I have not even used 24 hours on my trial 😞

4 REPLIES 4
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Halah_MS 

I would further add maybe just pay for the PBI License for 1 month and then if it is not going to be used or required then cancel it?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

collinq
Super User
Super User

HI @Halah_MS ,

There is no way to get it back - the trial is one time and if it expires or is cancelled it is over.  That said, you could try for a PPU trial?  Or , maybe somebody else has the ability to use a trial in your organization?

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Hello @collinq 

thanks for your suggestions

I do have other users I can use their trials but is it possible for me to transfer my pbix that I have worked on to the other user?

Hey @Halah_MS ,

Yes, they could open the .pbix file and publish under their name and trial.  This assumes that they have the same access as you do the data source(s).

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

July Newsletter

Fabric Community Update - July 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.