Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Responsive Slicer not working on PowerBI online

i can't seem to get the slicer to be responsive on my visualisations. i have about 22 values which i want to flow horizontally in 3 columns,, but it doesnt work regardles of how i resize the sliders. Any pointers would be great

test1.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Which visual is it?

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-jiascu-msft

my apologies, i just realised i got the header was wrong. it should have said "slicers" not sliders.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by what visuals i use, but i'm creating a slicer with a bar chart visual. i'm using the online version of Power BI, which i gather does not have all features that the desktop version has.

i'm just trying to replicate what was done in this tutorial i found online.  i have alot of items in the slicer, and arranging it in several columns and several rows will help in the way it is visually presented rather that having all the items displayed in one row.

2.PNG

regards

Gotti

Hi @Anonymous,

I thought it was a slider show. Did the tables have proper relationships? Seems fine in my test.

Responsive_Slicers_not_working_on_Power_BI_online

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @v-jiascu-msft,

Your example kind of describes my problem, Assuming you wanted to display the months labels in two rows, as an example you have January to June in the Top row and then July to December in the bottom row. Then you have all the labels showing in one go.

is that possible?

i may just be picky about this and i can work with it either way but i saw it done in the tutorial and i thought i could replicate it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors