Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

basirve
Helper III
Helper III

Resources Exceeded This visual has exceeded the available resources.

Hi Team,

In my reoprt having 2 report level filters are
                                                                   1) Metric ( Metric1,Metric2 ...Metric24)   
                                                                   2) Job Codes(DSVV", "DSWQ", "DSWS",  "DCGG", "DCDD", "DCXB", "DCX1" ...etc)

we designed a tabular visual for this report and this report is working fine in desktop. But when I published it to service it getting below error.

Resources Exceeded
This visual has exceeded the available resources. Try filtering to decrease the amount of data displayed.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.

whenever I have removed the Filter_Job_Codes = 0 on visual filter then report is working fine on service and used the DAXplease in the below DAX for Filter_Job_Codes.
Filter_jobCodes =
VAR MetricSelection =
SELECTEDVALUE ( Metrics[Metric_Type] )
VAR SelectedJobCd =
SELECTEDVALUE ( Denodo_Employee_Lookup_CRC_Personnel[Job_Cd] )
RETURN
SWITCH (
TRUE (),
MetricSelection
IN { "AHT", "Average NPS Selection", "FCR", "Disconnect Rate" }
&& SelectedJobCd
IN { "DSVV", "DSWQ", "DSWS", "DSWP", "DCYA", "DCGG", "DCDD", "DCXB", "DCX1" }, 0,
MetricSelection
IN { "Transfer Rate" }
&& SelectedJobCd
IN { "DCXB", "DSWQ", "DSWS", "DSWP", "DCYA", "DCGG", "DCDD", "DCX1" }, 0,
MetricSelection
IN { "BC Accuracy" }
&& SelectedJobCd IN { "DSVV", "DSWQ", "DSWS", "DSWP", "DCXB", "DSWK", "DSVT" }, 0,
MetricSelection
IN { "Close %" }
&& SelectedJobCd IN { "DSVV", "DSWQ", "DSWS", "DSWP" }, 0,
MetricSelection
IN { "Quotes Created", "Leads Created by" }
&& SelectedJobCd IN { "DSWK" }, 0,
MetricSelection
IN {
"Retention Rate",
"Retained Revenue",
"Sales Revenue",
"Calls to Quotes Ratio",
"New Revenue",
"Sm Lg OM Revenue"
}
&& SelectedJobCd IN { "DSWQ", "DSWS", "DSWP" }, 0,
MetricSelection
IN { "Average Credit $", "Total Credits $" }
&& SelectedJobCd
IN {
"DCGG",
"DCDD",
"DSVV",
"DSWQ",
"DSWS",
"DSWP",
"DCXB",
"DSWK",
"DSVT",
"DCX1"
}, 0,
MetricSelection
IN {
"Occupancy",
"Worked Items Per Hr (Email Only)",
"Worked Items Per Hr (Email & Chat)"
}
&& SelectedJobCd IN { "DCDD", "DSVV" }, 0,
MetricSelection
IN { "Productivity", "Adherence", "Division Errors", "Open Service Cases" }, 0,
MetricSelection
IN { "Calls Made", "Qualified Leads" }
&& SelectedJobCd IN { "DSVT" }, 0,
MetricSelection
IN { "Cases Created" }
&& SelectedJobCd IN { "DSWK" }, 0,
)

Could you please suggeset any different way the above logic or why this is getting an error. (this is sudeenly came ....last 6 months i dont have any issues)

Could you please suggest your well thoughts.

Thanks & Regards,

Venkat.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @basirve ,

According to the documentation:

This visual has exceeded the available resources.

This visual has exceeded the available resources. Try filtering to decrease the amount of data displayed.

Your visual has attempted to query too much data for us to complete the result with the available resources. Try filtering the visual to reduce the amount of data in the result.

And you can follow the tips to optimize your report:

1.Do not expose in a view a column that is not necessary in the Power BI data model.

2.Optimize the DAX calculation used in this visual to use less memory and return faster or change what the visual displays.

3.Remove unnecessary precision or split granularity values to reduce cardinality(Significantly reduce highly unique datetime values by splitting the date and time into separate columns. )

4. It may also be that your local computer has insufficient content space. You can turn off the memory that is not needed in the local computer when you turn on the power bi desktop.

This is the related document, you can view this content:

The “Visual Has Exceeded The Available Resources” Error In Power BI

Visual has exceeded the available resources - Table Visual

Data Import Best Practices in Power BI

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SSmithTGH
Regular Visitor

I have a report that has been working fine for over 3 years. Why am I just starting to get this message now? Has Microsoft changed some settings.

v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @basirve ,

According to the documentation:

This visual has exceeded the available resources.

Your visual has attempted to query too much data for us to complete the result with the available resources. Try filtering the visual to reduce the amount of data in the result.

And you can follow the tips to optimize your report:

1.Do not expose in a view a column that is not necessary in the Power BI data model.

2.Optimize the DAX calculation used in this visual to use less memory and return faster or change what the visual displays.

3.Remove unnecessary precision or split granularity values to reduce cardinality(Significantly reduce highly unique datetime values by splitting the date and time into separate columns. )

4. It may also be that your local computer has insufficient content space. You can turn off the memory that is not needed in the local computer when you turn on the power bi desktop.

This is the related document, you can view this content:

The “Visual Has Exceeded The Available Resources” Error In Power BI

Visual has exceeded the available resources - Table Visual

Data Import Best Practices in Power BI

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @basirve 

What I would suggest doing is to update your dataset to use a star schema. This will make your model more efficient and work better with the Power BI engine.

You could then update your measure to use the dimension tables instead of the fact table, which should mean the query will need less memory.

And finally what happens if you have to filter your report to a smaller job, does the visual work?

If it does work that proves that the measure needs to be optimized to use less memory and then return the required results and use less memory.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors