Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

RvanMelis
Frequent Visitor

Reports from external tenant gives error

Hi, 

My guest user gets the following error message: 

error pbi.png

Translation to English: Can't load selected items from one or more tenants. Internal error. Cant load selected item. 

The problem's the shared report won't show up at my guest environment. He can open the report with direct link tho. Also, the other colleagues from his organization also can't load my shared reports. 

It worked but since a couple of weeks it's not working anymore and also i've been doing this to a dozen of other external guest users which work fine. 

I've searched for firewall or other settings but to be honest i don't know what im looking for and i can't seem to solve the problem. 

Any ideas? 

Thanks for helping.

Rolán

2 REPLIES 2
RvanMelis
Frequent Visitor

@GilbertQ Thanks for your quick reply. Nothing has been changed, according to my contact person. 

I'm thinking it's a license thing because when i delete this user, and re-invite it seems like it has created a user that is nog connected to his O365 account. He gets invite by e-mail, open by email and confirm access to our tenant. 

What i did for removing; remove access on al reports, remove access on workspace, remove guest user from Azure.

The problem is that he can access the report directly by the link, but it has nog been added to his own PBI Portal.

And also, when i share full link of the tenant, access works but not through own app.powerbi.com.

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @RvanMelis 

Could it be that this client has had some of their power bi tenant settings changed to view external power bi reports?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors