Reports can't connect after switching to on-premises data gateway
I had set up a personal data gateway, which worked fine with my published reports connecting to an on-prem SQL server. My admin moved me to a pro account and shared an enterprise data gateway directly from our SQL server. I updated my reports to point directly to the new data gateway and now none of them can connect. The gateway itself shows as connected and the reports are pointing to the same sql server. Happy to provide any logging that would help get this sorted.
Thanks for the recommendations. For others with the same issue here is what our actual problem was: MSSQL was set to require encryption, but in the UI didn't look like it had a cert set up. The PowerBI service should have been showing a "cert expired" error but instead was showing a generic error message. We turned off encryption, but it was still broken, the issue was that we had a reg key with the old cert uuid in it, after removing that and disabling encryption everything is good to go.