Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AvPowerBI
Post Patron
Post Patron

Report showing wrong Date Format all of a sudden

Hi,

I have noticed my reports on Power BI service the dates are showing in American Format "MM/DD/YYYY" but previously was showing in UK Format "DD/MM/YYYY". How there been an update recently for the Dates to change?

The Date & time settings on my local machine has the Time Zone as (UTC+00:00) Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London

The settings on Power BI Service has the Language as Default (browser language)

Is there anything else I need to be checking?

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11
LadyAl

Same here in Australia, just checked again today and the issue is still occurring.

dr2506
Advocate I
Advocate I

Just an update - its looks to be back to normal from the UK

ClémentLeconte
Frequent Visitor

Hello everyone,

The problem is known by Microsoft and they are working on it : https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, same issue for us in France. The format date and number change for the US format. Friday it was good but today is wrong

halomo97
Advocate I
Advocate I

Same issue for us in the UK. Has anyone managed to get an answer from microsoft?

JasonBrooks
Frequent Visitor

This is affecting the UK as well, All regional settings in the Power BI service seem to have changed to USA regional settings. Cannot correct this my end.

dr2506
Advocate I
Advocate I

Having the same issue from UK. PowerBi Desktop works correctly (DD/MM/YYYY) formay whilst PowerBI Service and Mobile App shows as (MM/DD/YYYY).

Anyone found anything official yet from Microsoft?

IMett
Helper III
Helper III

Same problem for us. 
Not only date fields are affected, but also formatting of decimal numbers got english syntax instead of german in spite of correct browser settings.

tonyd321
Advocate I
Advocate I

My reports are also all impacted.  Were displaying long date and should show 14th April 2023.  But now showing Monday, 17th April 2023. Very annoying. hoping for a quick fix.

Same issue with the weekday now showing in the date slicers on the published version (desktop seems ok).

Ferrus
Resolver I
Resolver I

same issue all the date format changed during the weekend 😞

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors