Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AkshayDani

Report sharing to your organization members

Hello,

I have a Power BI Pro license. I'm looking for options to share Power BI report with my team members who do not have Power BI license. Can I use Sharepoint or Microsoft Teams so my team memebrs can view the report without pro license? 

What are best options to share report to free or non PowerBI users only for viewing purpose?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Burningsuit
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @AkshayDani 

If you have a Pro licence only, any content you share with others requires them to have a Pro licence to view the content.

To share with users without a licence your only other option from a Pro licence is to use "Publish to Web".

See: Publish to web from Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

You can use "Publish to web" provided you are aware of the warning at the top of that article, "anyone on the Internet can view your published report or visual." So don't publish sensitive or proprietory data in that way, and be aware of your data security obligations. You also can't use Row Level Security with "Publish to web". So if you don't care that the whole world may see your data go ahead.

Note that because of these security issues "Publish to Web" requires your local Adminstrator to turn that option on, so you may not see it in your tenant.

The only way to securely share data with others from a Pro licence is for them also to have a Pro licence.

Hope this helps

Stuart

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AkshayDani

Thank you for your help @Burningsuit How does Premium Capacity works? If an Organization opts for Premium Capacity then the report sharing is possible with Free users? Is it possible to share even outside the organization?

Burningsuit
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @AkshayDani 

If you have a Pro licence only, any content you share with others requires them to have a Pro licence to view the content.

To share with users without a licence your only other option from a Pro licence is to use "Publish to Web".

See: Publish to web from Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

You can use "Publish to web" provided you are aware of the warning at the top of that article, "anyone on the Internet can view your published report or visual." So don't publish sensitive or proprietory data in that way, and be aware of your data security obligations. You also can't use Row Level Security with "Publish to web". So if you don't care that the whole world may see your data go ahead.

Note that because of these security issues "Publish to Web" requires your local Adminstrator to turn that option on, so you may not see it in your tenant.

The only way to securely share data with others from a Pro licence is for them also to have a Pro licence.

Hope this helps

Stuart

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors