Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Nepal101
Helper III
Helper III

Report requested for export is not on a gen2 capacity

Hello everyone
I hope anyone can help resolve this error.

Created a paginated report everything was working fine until today when we got an error saying (Report requested for export is not on a gen2 capacity ) Error page.JPGwhat do we need to do to eradicate this issue. 
If we upgrade to Gen2 (there are different reports that are embedded using Power BI, there is incremental refresh going on, and many more reports are up and running) do you think that will affect any of that reports

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
martensf
Helper I
Helper I

I can't speak universally but when we made the gen2 upgrade it was completely seamless, with no effects on the end-user experience across our ~400 workspaces. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
martensf
Helper I
Helper I

I can't speak universally but when we made the gen2 upgrade it was completely seamless, with no effects on the end-user experience across our ~400 workspaces. 

Have you ever seen this error while using the paginated report? based on the Premium licenses we have Gen1 and it has 8vcores and everything has been used so is that the reason why this error is showing up?vcore.JPG

I have not - we switched to gen2 quite a while ago. That V-Cores Used graphic isn't really about your real-time cpu usage, iirc it's just showing how many of the cores you've paid for have been assigned to capacities. 

Have you considered cross-posting this question in the Power Automate community forum? They might have more insight into how Power Automate plays with gen1 PowerBI capacities. But I do think you could probably safely just flip the switch and upgrade to gen2.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors