Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Smalfly
Resolver III
Resolver III

Report parameters not working anymore in May 2023 update?

Hi Community,

I have a report that I pre-filter for the user using a parameter in the URL.

It worked correctly until today and, coincidence or not, there has been a Power BI service update.

Has anyone had the same problem? And did you already fix it?

Any help on this would be highly appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
rpatkar
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

hi Smalfly, likely a coincidence. What is the full URL you are using? And are parameter value ignored or you getting an error dialog? If latter, then please provide error details with request Id.

Hi @rpatkar , @ibarrau ,

Thank you for your replies.

The parameter is being ignored so there is no error message.

My URL used to look like this:

https://app.powerbi.com/groups/<group nr>/reports/<report nr>/ReportSection<section nr>?filter=Custo...

Where Customer is an existing table and Customer Number is an existing column in the tabel. The customer number 26138 appears in the report. So a manual report filter, using the filter pane and filter on all pages, on Customer\Customer Number = 26138 is working as expected.

However, @ibarrau is correct when he mentions that the URL changed. The above URL is now automatically redirected to:

https://app.powerbi.com/groups/<group nr>/reports/<report nr>/ReportSection<section nr>?experience=p...

But that doesn't pre-filter the report anymore.

ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. Right now there is a Microsoft event full of releases (MS Build). New services are going live. The regular PowerBi URL is changing too, it's adding an experience parameter and we are not sure if it's going to be replaced by Fabric. You can try checking how the url looks now and change your URL Filters to make it work now. However you might want to be up to date on the event and the following days to stay tuned about the changes.

I hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors