Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

chettym1963
Regular Visitor

Report in Workspace not linking to updates made in Sharepoint

Hello,

I have a report in Sharepoint that we make updates to visualizations.  We have set the report up in a workspace that is linked to the report in Sharepoint.  

However, when I make updates to the report in Sharepoint, the report in Workspace does not reflect the updates.  I haven't been able to find a way to check the link between the report in workspace and Sharepoint among the options.  

Any ideas on why the report in workspace is not refreshing the updates made in Sharepoint?

Chet

3 REPLIES 3
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @chettym1963 

As far as I know the reports in SharePoint actually reside or live in the Power BI Service. So you need to make the change to the Power BI Report in the Power BI Service, and then those changes will then be seen in the SharePoint site.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

To clarify, the report resides in both areas (workspace and Sharepoint).  Our idea is that we would have the report updated/modified in Sharepoint, and then link the report in Workspace to Sharepoint.  When we make the updates, we thought the changes would flow through because the Workspace report is linked to the one in Sharepoint.  Does that make sense?  BTW, thanks for your quick reply:)

So, I guess my question is:  Do changes only flow one way 1) from Service (workspace) to Sharepoint, and NOT 2) Sharepoint to Service (workspace).  Our initial thought was that we could just update Sharepoint reports, and any changes would flow to the workspace.  Is that not true?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors