Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Report User Burden Errors

Hi All,

I had a report go live recently (publish to web) which worked well in Desktop and in Service.. However very shortly into the release with the number of users going up the report started to show the "See details" with an (X) error for various cards, charts, even slicers. The error read "Couldn't load the data for this visual".. These visuals that otherwise were working fine before the launch.

The data for this report was loaded as an import from an excel file (no gateway or anything involved), and the main table is around 3400 records which I consider fairly small for what Power BI can work with. 

The assumption was that the report suffered under the user burden, however our site analytics show the error started to occur around 30/40 users (which seems quite low). The report workspace is using premium capacity although I'm not sure how much specifically.

I've never seen this type of error before.. I'd like to better understand what might have caused it, as well as any other known Power BI capacity issues I should be aware of.

Any insight is truly appreciated. Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @Anonymous 

Which one is the way you share reports,publish to web (public) or embed sharepoint online/website?

81.png

You can refer to this article:

service-publish-to-web 

service-embed-secure 

Under normal circumstances, the increase in the number of users does not have much impact on the performance of reports published to the web( As mentioned in the document)

82.png

In addition , you also can use  the function of "Usage metrics" and  "Power BI Premium Capacity Metrics"  app to find  more related information about  report  performance.

83.png

or
84.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-easonf-msft  thank you for your input.

I'm using Publish to Web and just placing the link in an iframe.. The report needs to be visible to many users without Power BI.. also we are still working on getting Power BI Embedded setup so it isn't an option yet.

However from the resources you provided it sounds like I shouldn't be experiencing these types of issues due to a user burden.. It was the only thought we came to since the report functions quite well otherwise and only malfunctioned right way the link was distributed. There also isn't a way to check Publish to Web usage stats as I believe that doesn't use premium capacity (even though we have capacity assigned to the hosting workspace)

It is unfortunatley a difficult issue to test since for the majority of the time the report appears fine.. Are there other angles I could be missing?

Thank you

Hi , @Anonymous 

I'm sorry for that I can't fix it on my side currently.I suggest you to create a support ticket in Power BI Support to get further help.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/ 

If your problem has been solved,please add your reply  and mark  it  as Answered  to help  more people find it.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Anonymous
Not applicable

Checking again it may have been much higher than 30/40 users.. that was the per minute user.

I wonder if premium capacity becomes available immediatley when a user leaves/closes the Power BI report, or if it takes time for those nodes/skews to become available again for new users to the page. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors