Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Bleppich
Frequent Visitor

Report Usage Metrics double reports

Hello,

I connected to the Usage Metrics Model and want to analyze which reports are used most often.
I noticed that each report comes up twice in the datamodel but with different GUIDs.
Here is an example exported:

Bleppich_0-1679671611670.png

The second GUIDs corresponds to the ID I see in the URL in my App and the number of views is the same as in the usage report specific for this report.
I cannot see a report when trying to access the report with the GUID of the first line. As far as my app is concerned it doesn't exist.
It seems to be mirrored, but somehow missing 2 views which is the case for each dublicate report (always a couple of views difference)

I did notice that they have vastly different distribution methods. One majority of views comes from "Sharing" and the other reports views mostly comes from "Content pack: ...". Both have a few views from "workspace".
But theres still only one report. 

Does anyone have an idea why there are double reports? Is there a way to filter them as I don't want to manually confirm each ID.

2 REPLIES 2
v-tangjie-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Bleppich ,

1. Please check if there are duplicate reports (duplicate names or copies).
2. Please clear your browser cache and open Power BI using privacy mode and try again.
3. Disable the Publish to Web feature.

Best Regards,

Neeko Tang

If this post  helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly. 

Hi,
thanks for the reply.

1. As each report is doubled and the views are (almost) exactly the same this cannot be caused by one or two dublicate reports.
2. I am viewing the data in power bi desktop. No browser involved.
3. I will look into it. Maybe emebddings somehow cause a different GUID or something.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors