Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Tom_pbi
Regular Visitor

Report Builder Data not working on Power BI Service

Hi all,

My situation is that I have built a report using Report Builder that pulls data from a Power BI dataset published in a workspace. This report works perfectly when I run it on the desktop version of Report Builder. However, when I publish it to a workspace (this is a premium workspace and I have a premium license), the report runs without error but any expressions that should have data in them are blank. I can't figure out why, but there is obviously some missing link in the connection to the dataset on Power BI Service.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Tom

3 REPLIES 3
bradsy
Employee
Employee

Can you post expression examples. Might help us figure out if the expression is the problem. You might consider contacting support if it works in report builder and not in the service. 

Sure thing.

I am only using a few very basic expressions which I will list below;

=First(Fields!StartTime.Value, "DataSet1")

=First(Fields!EndTime.Value, "DataSet1")

=First(Fields!Duration___hh_mm_ss.Value, "DataSet1")

I am also using the "=today()" expression which works without issue.

I feel that there must be a link to the dataset that is missing on Service but I'm not sure where that could be. 

Thanks!

For a PBIDataset, the name is usually based off of the PBI Dataset name. Is DataSet1 the correct name for the dataset? And you are using the PBIDataset connection type and not one of the AS connection types?

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors