Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

tanyad
Advocate III
Advocate III

Rename a DataFlow does not work

I have created some DataFlows and then decided to rename them due to a better naming convention i thought up!.  Problem being when I go to Properties of the Dataflow and rename it, the dataflow renames for a fraction of a second then reverts back to original state.

Anyone else experiencing the same?? Or am i using the wrong method to rename??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hi, @tanyad  @Anonymous 

This issue has been fixed, you could try it.  Smiley Very Happy

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

We can go to more options in data flow and properties.. there we can rename the data flow

lufeklein

same issue

MWild91

I am having this same issue. I need to rename my data flows for better alignment and its not saving. Any idea how long this might last or what I can do to continue working on these?

creedrulz
Frequent Visitor

Can't rename it again 😞

pfurbish
Frequent Visitor

Same issue here - Renamed failed pop up with session and request ids.

However, if I Edit the dataflow. don't make any changes then Publish later then I can rename the dataflow.

Very annoying.

v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @tanyad  @Anonymous 

I have submitted the same issue to power bi product team yesterday, 

will update here once I get any information. ICM:130913839

Best Regards,

Lin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tanyad  Yep experiencing the same thing. A no brainer feature and the lack of it creates a major work overhead if the dataflow has dozens of table loads as mine do..... 

I added an idea ( feature request) for this.

I am presuming the feature is there as it lets you rename it in the properties, I just think it does not work.

hi, @tanyad  @Anonymous 

This issue has been fixed, you could try it.  Smiley Very Happy

Best Regards,

Lin

Hi there,

pretty old chat, but I do have the same issue just today. Are there any workarounds?

Thanks in advance!

This annoying bug has kept this chat alive for years. I am trying to rename a data flow in Power Platform and I get an error popup with a two GUIDs in it and no description.

I had the same today, but I have a workaround. I think it's not official, but it works for me.

With workflows you have the opportunity to export to json file and import it (with the same name) to another workspace. Creating a dataflow - Power BI | Microsoft Docs
The emphasis in the previous sentence is on the same name, but it can be rewritten with a little handwork. The steps:
1. Export the dataflow to a json file.

2. Open the json file in a text editor e.g. notepad++
3. Modify the first property, the "name" to the new dataflow name you want. 
Bandoka_1-1658600619277.png

4. Create a new dataflow with "Import Model" possibility.

5. Delete the old dataflow.

Good luck

Anonymous
Not applicable

This worked for me - thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors