Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Remove VSTS workitems from existing powerbi report

Currently have a VSTS powerbi report that has memory issues due to 3mill+ rows of data that needs to be loaded

therefore my report needs to be broken up into multiple reports

currently i am removing any custom workitems from my report but when i apply the changes, and refresh the report....all the custom fields in the custom workitems that i am filtering out are still appearing and the report refresh fails

do i need to manually remove these fields or should removing the workitems also remove the custom fields?

thanks

3 REPLIES 3
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

How did you remove some custom workitems? In the Power query? Are the workitems columns?

You can delete some columns in the Query Editor or remove some records (rows) to limit the size of the model.Remove VSTS workitems from existing powerbi report.jpg

Best Regards!

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

i removed the workitems by adjusting the parameters of the whole report

initially it was all workitems by leaving the field blank, then now i have specifically added in which work items i require

photo.png

Hi @Anonymous,

The VSTS connector is open only for select customers. I can't test it. But I would suggest using another OData connector instead. Please refer to the post by v-qiuyun-msft of this thread: Add-VSTS-connection-takes-long-time-then-dataset-disappears.Remove VSTS workitems from existing powerbi report.JPG

Best Regards!

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors