Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

tyw214
Helper I
Helper I

Relative Date Filter not working on service

Hello guys,

as of this morning, relative date filter are not working on all my reports. 

there is no problem with data set, they work on desktop. On top of that, slider type date filters works perfectly fine.

By not working i mean:

1. changing "This", "Number", or "Unit of Time" does nothing. Nothing actually happens. literally the value dont' even change. like i want to change from Years to Month (Calender), nothing happens, it stays at "Years."

2. This occurs accross multiple computers

3. This occurs accross multiple browsers (confirmed bug on Firefox and Chrome)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Microsoft has acknowledged this issue and have posted a workaround for the same.

Customers using relative date slicers will have problems when trying to change the time period value (e.g. weeks, months) using their mouse. As a workaround, users can use the keyboard to select the desired time period and press enter. Engineers have developed a fix and expect it to be deployed by end-of-day 9/23. Next update @ 9/21/18 at 6:00pm PDT

Hope this helps someone

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
verofoulon

This is still an issue for us. Does anyone has a workaround? This is killing adoption of PowerBI

To be specific, the issue is with the between option on a date slicer.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Microsoft has acknowledged this issue and have posted a workaround for the same.

Customers using relative date slicers will have problems when trying to change the time period value (e.g. weeks, months) using their mouse. As a workaround, users can use the keyboard to select the desired time period and press enter. Engineers have developed a fix and expect it to be deployed by end-of-day 9/23. Next update @ 9/21/18 at 6:00pm PDT

Hope this helps someone

Now I can choose the day, week and so on but the data I see after that is the same for every day, hour, minute. I hope you will fix it as well.

I'm still having this issue today, can anyone else confirm this is not yet fixed?

Anonymous
Not applicable

seems to be working fine for me. I tested the relative filters in both Chrome and Edge.

great to hear some response 😄 thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same for me. It's failing across all reports on the service. If I change the format from 'Relative', the filter works just fine.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors