Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dineshj
Helper I
Helper I

Refreshing the data and Republishing the Dashboard on Sharepoint App

Hi,

I am refreshing the data of a dashboard that is on my desktop. I published it to the sharepoint PowerBI location app and replace the older dashboard. Only sometimes, in the sharepoint location, the dashboard shows up twice. Same name and same data but two dashboard?!

I am not sure why this is happening. Does anyone know why?

4 REPLIES 4
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

When you say "dashboard" do you mean a PBIX file? (Dashboards do not exist on a PC, they only exist in the Power BI Service).  When you say "sharepoint Power BI location app" do you mean a personal workspace, or do you mean you are copying the PBIX to the sharepoint?

Hi @lbendlin , Thank you for your response. I am working on the Desktop version of PowerBI and publishing the dashboard on sharepoint in workspaces. The dashboards sometimes show up twice in the workspaces and do not replace the older version but as a new version under the same name.

Below are the loations where I am publishing to. 

PowerBI on sharepoint.jpg

That's not a sharepoint, that is the Power BI Service.   Are you using Shared Capacity, or a Premium capacity (with the diamond next to the workspace name)?

@lbendlin I think it must shared capacity. I don't see the diamond. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors