Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MikeMatveev
Frequent Visitor

Refresh more than 8 times Premium Per user

Can you please help to understand is that possible to refresh more than 8 times per day if I had Premium Per User and I update that through API, but others have Pro license? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Burningsuit
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @MikeMatveev 

No, if you have a dataset on a Premium Per User (PPU) workspace, you can refresh it up to 48 times every 24 hours. However you can only share that dataset with others who have a PPU license. If others have a Pro licence, they can only access datasets on a Pro workspace, which limits them to 8 refreshes per dataset every 24 hours.

hope this helps

Stuart

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Burningsuit
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @MikeMatveev 

No, if you have a dataset on a Premium Per User (PPU) workspace, you can refresh it up to 48 times every 24 hours. However you can only share that dataset with others who have a PPU license. If others have a Pro licence, they can only access datasets on a Pro workspace, which limits them to 8 refreshes per dataset every 24 hours.

hope this helps

Stuart

So, if we'd like to use Premium feautures we need to switch to Premium everyone... that's tough, thanks

@MikeMatveev 

Here's my research. I'm preparing to upgrade my Power BI license and wondering the same thing.

So it said only users with PPU licenses can access a workspace when a workspace is assigned a PPU license. Users with Power BI Pro licenses cannot access workspaces that are assigned a PPU license. This restriction is by design and is enforced to ensure compliance with licensing agreements and to maintain access control within the Power BI service.

However, we can assign workspaces to the premium capacity instead. Pro and non-Pro users can access the reports and dashboards within those workspaces, regardless of their license type.

So after purchasing a Power BI Premium subscription, you need to assign Premium Capacity to your organization's environment. This involves configuring the capacity settings and allocating resources based on your organization's needs. You can assign Premium capacity through the Power BI admin portal or by using PowerShell cmdlets. Once Premium capacity is assigned to your organization, you can configure your Power BI workspaces to use Premium capacity. You can do this by assigning workspaces to the Premium capacity you've configured. Workspaces assigned to Premium capacity will have access to dedicated resources and enhanced features available in Premium capacity.

Please try this and let me know if it works for you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors