Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Refresh is getting reset to default value every time we upload .pbix file to powerbi

Hello All,

I scheduled powerbi refresh to run at particular time daily. And it is working as expected except when ever any one is publishing the powerbi report from powerbi desktop. dataset refresh is resetting to default value (i.e: disabling the autorefresh) in powerbi. Which is causing an issue as there is no tracking on who is uploading or publishing the report. Is there any way that i can change the setting in powerbi desktop such that auto refresh wont be changed to default values when published from powerbi desktop.

1 REPLY 1
v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Anonymous 

The default settings are not easy to change, but we can restrict users from downloading files and restrict workspace members from publishing reports through different permissions.

• workspace access:

v-janeyg-msft_0-1620800628484.png

• admin portal >>tenant settings:

v-janeyg-msft_1-1620800666321.png

Reference:Organize work in the new workspaces in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

If it doesn’t solve your problem, please feel free to ask me.

Best Regards

Janey Guo

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors