Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

A30007479
Frequent Visitor

Refresh failure

Hi Team,

Could anyone please help on why i am keep receiving the error for one of my refresh?

"{"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","parameters":{},"details":[{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorCode","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorMessage","detail":{"type":1,"value":"5 arguments were passed to a function which expects between 2 and 4."}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Arguments","detail":{"type":1,"value":"{Table.FromRecords({}), \"Index\", 1, 1, number}"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Reason","detail":{"type":1,"value":"Expression.Error"}}],"exceptionCulprit":1}}} Table:XXXX"

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @A30007479 ,

What data source are you connecting to? What is the connectivity mode (Import, DirectQuery or Live Connection)? Did you get this error message in Power BI Desktop or Service?

Here are some threads with similar refresh issue to yours, check them out for solutions. Hope they can help you.

DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError

Changing the Privacy Level in Power BI online as solved the refresh issue.

Rebooting the server cleared it up.

Power BI Data Source Error

we solved this problem by reset to gateway

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
marlark
Frequent Visitor

This may be late to the game for another possible solution for people but I just had this same issue and none of the proposed solutions were working. Despite the vague error messages it wound up being that I needed to update my Connection credentials.

Lynchacha

Hello! I have the same problem, can you give me more details how you solved the problem with the index function? Best regards.

Leonardo230988

You should check the privacy level of the gateway, in my case it was connected to two different data sources, simply change the privacy level to "organizational" of the two gateways. The problem was fixed and my dashboard updates correctly

Thank you. I had the same error and doing what you say from the privacy level to "organizational" was fixed. 👍

v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @A30007479 ,

What data source are you connecting to? What is the connectivity mode (Import, DirectQuery or Live Connection)? Did you get this error message in Power BI Desktop or Service?

Here are some threads with similar refresh issue to yours, check them out for solutions. Hope they can help you.

Changing the Privacy Level in Power BI online as solved the refresh issue.

Rebooting the server cleared it up.

Power BI Data Source Error

we solved this problem by reset to gateway

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

It is Import Query. All good. i managed to fix it. the issue was with Index function. i just had to remove the last parameter.

A30007479
Frequent Visitor

it is still not working.. If i refresh through PBIX it works correctly.. it is just not refreshing from Desktop

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@A30007479 , Can you open and check power query , by refreshing a tables by one for error. I see issue with one of the step

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/service-gateway-onprem-tshoot

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors