Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

hermanos
Frequent Visitor

Refresh Without Importing

Hi folks!

We have a cube dataset that we use through Adobe Analytics into Power BI.
We have to manually refresh this dataset every month with latest month data. In order to make this refresh, we import millions of data on Desktop every month and then publish it. 

As far as I know Incremental Refresh is not working because the data is cube. Is there another way to refresh all the data every month without importing it on desktop and uploading it back to PBI Service?

Thx in advance!

6 REPLIES 6
luisrh
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

I am wondering why you have to do this manually.   Is the dataset not available outside the firewall?   Have you looked into using a PowerBI gateway to allow PBI.COM to have access to that data?    If you could do that then the right approach would be to use Dataflows and its incremental refresh capabilities.    Please review the below for details  -  Using incremental refresh with dataflows - Power Query | Microsoft Learn

good luck.

rajulshah
Super User
Super User

@hermanos , do you want your data to be just of the latest month OR do you want historical data + latest month data?

Hi @rajulshah , I would like to have historical data + latest month data. Thank you!

Hello @hermanos ,

You can create parameters in the Power Query which can be changed from Power BI Service directly.

Please let me know if this cannot work for you.

Hello @rajulshah ,

If I upload my report with January data, How can I update this data on PBI Service with parameters when it is February? Currently, I download the report at the beginning of each month, after that import the new month data and upload it back to PBI Service.

@hermanos , you can change the parameters on Power BI Service - Dataset settings - Parameters.

Please let me know if you have any queries.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors