Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Muthuvel_s
Helper III
Helper III

Refresh Failure ; Unable to connect to the data source undefined. My sql

gateway connection is fine... everything was fine my side bt i got below issue... please sort me out team... i tried lot many ways..

Muthuvel_s_0-1604247359704.png

7 REPLIES 7
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Muthuvel_s ,

Sorry to disturb you...

But did I answer your question ? Please mark my reply as solution. Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
Stephen Tao

Hi Team

This is my side of problem, because some network issue and am used that stored procedure so day to day before shedule refresh once call that stored procedure. this error is not coming on that still now  

v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Muthuvel_s ,

Could you tell me if your problem has been solved?
If it is, kindly Accept it as the solution. More people will benefit from it.
Or you are still confused about it, please provide me with more details about your problem.

Best Regards,
Stephen Tao

No, I didn't get any solution. then so more issues are created in the schedule refresh. Each and every time I can refresh on the data but I am getting new errors. so what can i do?..please sort me out team...

Muthuvel_s_0-1605851275957.png

I tried lot many times but i getting like this type of error .

Muthuvel_s_1-1605851394275.png

Hi @Muthuvel_s ,

It seems that the crendential of your data source and your gateway both got problems.

First, check your gateway if it is installed successfully and you need to keep the gateway version the latest.

There're some considerations about gateway: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/data-integration/gateway/service-gateway-install#related-considerat...

Second, when you make sure your gateway works, you may check the different privacy level settings in Power BI Desktop and Power BI Service. Make sure you have the same privacy level security:

In Power BI Desktop:

Options and Settings --> Data Source Settings

For every Datasource: -->  Edit Permissions

Set Privacy Level: e.g. „Organizational“

Power BI Service:

Datasets --> (Choose you Datasets which does not update properly) --> settings --> Gateway Connection --> Actions --> (expand you cluster to show all Data Sources) --> (Choose relevant Datasource) --> Advanced Settings --> Privacy setting --> set same level (e.g. „Organizational) as in Power BI Desktop

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Muthuvel_s ,

There is a similar posts which you can refer to:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Problems-refreshing-data-from-MySQL-database-with-May-2017/...

Or please check if the credentials of the data source are expired

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Muthuvel_s - Can you check in your dataset if there is any date column?

The value of date is 0000-00-00 by any chance?

Most likely this looks to me like a data related issue (Run time exception)

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

-Namish B

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors