Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Julian_H
Helper II
Helper II

RLS in Service

Hi,

I have RLS set up and it does work , however when publishing to the service the data for the last adviser is saved and when another adviser goes in on  the service they see that data before they see theirs

Is there away of filtering the data to the adviser who has signed on

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
hashtag_pete
Helper V
Helper V

Hello Julian_H, 

have you checked the role via the security settings, test as role? Do you have the same experience there?

hashtag_pete_0-1670588717484.png

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
hashtag_pete
Helper V
Helper V

Hello Julian_H, 

have you checked the role via the security settings, test as role? Do you have the same experience there?

hashtag_pete_0-1670588717484.png

Hi

Yep I get the same result.

It doesnt filter down unless you select the advisers name from the slicer drop down

Hello, 

is it possible for you to share the dataset?

kind regards

Hi

Sorry I cant as the data is confidential .

All works ok apart from the last person to use its data still being available to the new user

Julian

VijayP
Super User
Super User

@Julian_H 

That is normally not possible! Atleast the person will not see any data if the data filtered for other user.

What steps  you have followed  , need to be checked once!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!
MY Blog || My YouTube Channel || Connect with me on Linkedin || My Latest Data Story - Ageing Analysis

Proud to be a Super User!

Hi

I have set the Manage roles on the adviser table that filters all the other tables.

And then in the service given the one adviser access in security but they see someone elses first before they filter. I am going to take the slicers of the page and see if that works

Thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors