Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

urpalani
Helper II
Helper II

RLS - for default Value Show all

Hi,

I have Role based Secuirty using Lookup,When 'America' is the access then america data should be shown ,Same for Asia also ,

But If i want to show both data ,I want to mention 'All' instead of inserting 'America' & 'Asia'.All data should be shown

anyboday having idea on this ?

Thanks. 

6 REPLIES 6
Bbrown44
Advocate II
Advocate II

If your filter is selected to all and the multi-select is enabled then the default will show all data before the user clicks on their data.

You can also consider using a bookmark to have them navigate to a report that does not have RLS on and shows the desired data.

~Bryon

If your filter is selected to all and the multi-select is enabled then the default will show all data before the user clicks on their data.

Can you please explain with an example.

You can also consider using a bookmark to have them navigate to a report that does not have RLS on and shows the desired data.

In the scenario, I have created multiple roles in Power BI Desktop (Manage Roles) and assigned UPN to the security table from the database.

Now, I would like to create a role "View All" and doesn't want to add entire organization email ids to the database.

Do you have any ideas of not adding each individual users in the security table and also on the data set in the power bi service for "View All".

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @urpalani,

As you already created RLS role for the dataset, to let a user to view all data, please create a role (named "all")  without any filter applied, then add the user as a member of this role.

q1.PNG

Please note if you add the user as member of role you created before, and also add this same user under the role (all), this user will see all data when he view the report.

Best Regards,
QiuyunYu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

What is the syntax for role "All" with out adding user name(s) and in the data set on power bi service.

Hi v-qiuyu-MSFT,

Ok if i have one level security,

But in my case i have two level of security,In second level instead of mentioning the values,I will mention as 'ALL' ,then lookup should show all the values for second level security,

Example,

Country - First Level

City - Second Level

If I mention Certain city then certain city of the country should show,but if i want to show all city of the country i will mention as 'ALL',So how to handle this in DAX Lookup

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @urpalani

If you want it to show everything or All, then should you not simply not have the user in any RLS group or role?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors