Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Luuky
Helper I
Helper I

Query editor refresh works but automated refresh gives error

Dear Reader,

I got a connection to a source that gives an APIkey based on the IP-adress. When I refresh in Power BI Desktop everything works fine. When I then setup the automated refresh an error occurs. The automated refresh uses a different IP-adress and therefore needs a different APIkey. But when I change the APIkey in the source it cannot be saved without errors. I thought the automated refresh would fix the errors since for that IP-adress the APIkey is correct. But it looks like since the dashboard/dataset is saved with errors the automated refresh does not work. 

Possible solutions that I can think of but not sure if possible:

- A source that tries 2 APIkeys before an error.

- A way to update and save the Query Editor with the IP-adress of the refresh (within the workspace environment maybe?).

Error:

Luuky_0-1669024443745.png

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

To create data source please follow Add or remove a gateway data source - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

to use it in power bi web follow How to Configure the Power BI Gateway to use Dataset Connection Parameters – Paul Turley's SQL Serve...

Please make sure you use exact same servername/url to use data source from gateway.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution, Appreciate your Kudos!!
Proud to be a Super User!!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
arvindsingh802
Super User
Super User

Please try this 

Configure a gateway datasource and authenticate with the key of gateway IP address

Now you are good to use this datasource in any report

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution, Appreciate your Kudos!!

Hi @arvindsingh802 ,
Thanks for responding!

So once an APIkey with its IP address is configured, you can use the source without mentioning the apikey? Do you know a video that explains this a little more indept?
Greetings,

Luuk

To create data source please follow Add or remove a gateway data source - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

to use it in power bi web follow How to Configure the Power BI Gateway to use Dataset Connection Parameters – Paul Turley's SQL Serve...

Please make sure you use exact same servername/url to use data source from gateway.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors