My data refreshes have been working smoothly but have been giving various issues since the weekend. The desktop refresh works fine. I also suddenly can't see options for credentials or for the Gateway that is in place. I have been having service issues since Saturday morning when first the custom connectors failed for 24 hours, then started working again, this morning the Gateway wasn't being seen by the service then briefly came back and now I can't do any refreshes at all. I suspect its something to do with the Nov release?
I receive the following message:
You can't schedule refresh for this dataset because the following data sources currently don't support refresh:
Query contains unsupported function. Function name: Resource.Access
Solved! Go to Solution.
Get the latest feedback:
This issue has been deployed and validated.
PROD - 11.4 QFE –12/10 and 12/11 - Sat with US clusters- Sunday.
Community Support Team Selina zhu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly
Last information from our MS Ticket - Fix on MS test env
Current status : We’ve completed deploying the fix to one of our testing environments for further validation before we continue with the remaining deployment.
Scope of the impact : Your organization is affected and any user attempting to configure dataset configurations using a gateway is impacted.
Root cause : A recent service update contained a code error, preventing some dataset configuration requests from completing as expected, resulting in impact.
I made a simple teste: create e report based on a Excel database. Published ok and schedule a update. Then when I made the update, everything worked.
After adding a datasource from a non certified connector extension - I have the option "Allow any extension to load without validation..." on Security options - then, when I update de report on the service I get the same error!
Reading the thread indicates fixes coming thru starting Friday, so on Saturday all published reports, (even the previously published reports that continued to work), now are failing.
Just refreshed on Desktop and Published. Then hit Refresh on server and failed. This is the same failure code for all previously and newly published PBI's:
Last refresh failed: 12/12/2022, 4:40:37 AM
Before the data import for finished, its data source timed out. Double-check whether that data source can process import queries, and if it can, try again.
Could this be the result of the "fix"? Anyone else see the error move?
Guys, until there is proper solution from microsoft. There are some work around,
1) Shift your connection to MySQL ODBC from MariaDB
2) Shift your data temporarely to some other storage with the help of developer.
3) Role out the message in your company's network that related to this report that if anyone need information let you know, and you update the data in PBI Desktop and publish it again so that for some time they have the latest data in report.
In my case, I had the data in MariaDB, I shifted that data to Snowflake with python script and hosted that script to AWS Lambda, scheduled it to every hour and connected my report to the Snowflake connector.
I hope the solution is on the way from Microsoft.
Facing the same issue with MariaDB connection. Still not resolved. I made a minor change in the report and published the report. After that the issue started.
I've specifically have the issue with custom connectors, I spoke to microsoft earlier and they took logs etc. Will report back if they have any more information.
Check out the November 2023 Power BI update to learn about new features.
Read the latest Fabric Community announcements, including updates on Power BI, Synapse, Data Factory and Data Activator.
Join us for a free, hands-on Microsoft workshop led by women trainers for women where you will learn how to build a Dashboard in a Day!
130+ sessions, 130+ speakers, Product managers, MVPs, and experts. All about Power BI and Fabric. Attend online or watch the recordings.