Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Q&A with multiple datasets on the same dashboard

I am having a current issue where I have uploaded my Power BI Desktop file to the service.

My Power BI Desktop file gets it's data from SQL Server Sources, and I import all the data into my model. 

I also have created some functions which create tables.

Almost all the tables, except for one disconnected table that is used as a slicer.

I have also configured it in the Service to use the On-Premise Connector.

When ever I create a dashboard based on this file in the service, I then go into the settings it says the following under Dashboards and then Q&A

Q&A is not available for any of the datasets on this dashboard

PBI - Q&A.png

I have no idea how to get this resolved?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

I thought I would post how I got this issue resolved both for myself and anyone who was looking for this in the future.

I came across another search here were someone had spoken about using Cortana with Q&A and Row Level Security (RLS) and how when they removed the RLS they got the Q&A back.

I was testing the RLS and had enabled this. After disabling and re-publishing my model, I now have got the Q&A back.

Here is a link to the post that I found: Cortana & Q&A on a dataset missing

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

I thought I would post how I got this issue resolved both for myself and anyone who was looking for this in the future.

I came across another search here were someone had spoken about using Cortana with Q&A and Row Level Security (RLS) and how when they removed the RLS they got the Q&A back.

I was testing the RLS and had enabled this. After disabling and re-publishing my model, I now have got the Q&A back.

Here is a link to the post that I found: Cortana & Q&A on a dataset missing

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors