Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

ShihSY

Publish to web missing (already checked admin portal)

I'd been published several report to my PBI service account,

but I found I can only find publish to web button in some of the report.

report with publish to web optionreport with publish to web option

report without publish to web optionreport without publish to web option

I'd already checked the admin portal (as below)

ShihSY_0-1635644584536.png

Is there anything wrong in my setting?

Thx

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-zhangti
Community Support
Community Support

Hi,@ShihSY

See the  section below for a complete list of cases where Publish to web isn't supported.

Publish to web is supported for the vast majority of data sources and reports in the Power BI service. However, the following kinds of reports aren't currently supported or available with Publish to web:

• Reports using row-level security.
  • Reports using any Live Connection data source, including Analysis Services Tabular hosted on-premises, Analysis Services Multidimensional, and Azure Analysis Services.
  • Reports using a shared dataset that is stored in a different workspace from the report.
  • Shared and certified datasets.
  • Reports shared to you directly or through an app.
  • Reports in a workspace in which you aren't an edit member.
  • "R" and Python visuals aren't currently supported in Publish to web reports.
  • Exporting data from visuals in a report that has been published to the web.
  • ArcGIS Maps for Power BI visuals.
  • Q&A for Power BI visuals.
  • Reports containing report-level DAX measures.
  • Single sign-on data query models.
  • Secure confidential or proprietary information.
  • The automatic authentication capability provided with the Embed option doesn't work with the Power BI JavaScript API. For the Power BI JavaScript API, use the user owns data approach to embedding.
  • Admins can block public internet access, as described in Private links for accessing Power BI. In that case, the Publish to Web option is grayed out for your tenant in the Power BI admin portal.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Charlotte

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
lso4jw
Frequent Visitor

I'm having this issue with a report that was working just fine until a did a simple update yesterday. Now, this is all I see...

lso4jw_0-1642098098459.png

Update:  The issue was "Reports containing report-level DAX measures". I wish MS -PBI team would find a fix for this. I hate bogging down my reports to have the same measures over and over again because I have data tables for each year. 

v-zhangti
Community Support
Community Support

Hi,@ShihSY

See the  section below for a complete list of cases where Publish to web isn't supported.

Publish to web is supported for the vast majority of data sources and reports in the Power BI service. However, the following kinds of reports aren't currently supported or available with Publish to web:

• Reports using row-level security.
  • Reports using any Live Connection data source, including Analysis Services Tabular hosted on-premises, Analysis Services Multidimensional, and Azure Analysis Services.
  • Reports using a shared dataset that is stored in a different workspace from the report.
  • Shared and certified datasets.
  • Reports shared to you directly or through an app.
  • Reports in a workspace in which you aren't an edit member.
  • "R" and Python visuals aren't currently supported in Publish to web reports.
  • Exporting data from visuals in a report that has been published to the web.
  • ArcGIS Maps for Power BI visuals.
  • Q&A for Power BI visuals.
  • Reports containing report-level DAX measures.
  • Single sign-on data query models.
  • Secure confidential or proprietary information.
  • The automatic authentication capability provided with the Embed option doesn't work with the Power BI JavaScript API. For the Power BI JavaScript API, use the user owns data approach to embedding.
  • Admins can block public internet access, as described in Private links for accessing Power BI. In that case, the Publish to Web option is grayed out for your tenant in the Power BI admin portal.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Charlotte

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more.

Burningsuit
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @ShihSY

If you have used Row Level Security (RLS) on the dataset you won't have "publish to web" as an option. RLS turns off publish to web as you can't have security and anonymous access. Perhaps that's why you don't see the option?

hope this helps

Stuart

AlexisOlson
Super User
Super User

Make sure you're accessing the report from within its workspace rather than within a published app. A published app is more of a read-only sort of thing whereas a workspace has more flexibility.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

Top Solution Authors