Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

trt18-sistemas
Advocate III
Advocate III

Publish to the web option missing - tryied all solutions reported until out/2020

Hi guys,

I'm having problems trying to Publish some reports to the web. I've been searching for solution and tried all these:

Dispite the fact that all of them are facing the same problem as I'm, none of those solutions fit to me. That's my scenario.

On my organization we have Power BI Pro License and we load our data using 3 basic steps:

1) we load the data from its source to a Dataflow

2) We create a pbix connected to dataflow to be the OFICIAL DATASET (the one that will be share through out the organization). This pbix has only one report page (this will be a important detail later) and let's call it DATA REPORT. All measures, custom tables and custom columns are created here.

3) We create another pbix connected to the OFICIAL DATASET. This is a report only pbix (has no dataset) and let's call it BUSINESS REPORT. That's the one I'm trying to share Public on web.

Here is the thing. I'm trying to share the BUSINESS REPORT (the report that is in a different pbix file from its datasource) but the Publish to web is not available. On the other hand, this option is available for the DATA REPORT (the report that is at the same pbix file of the dataset).

Here are the things that I've already checked to make sure that I'm not breaking any limitation as reported here:  https://docs.microsoft.com/pt-br/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-publish-to-web#limitations

• The Dataflows, OFICIAL DATASET and the BUSINESS REPORT are at the same Workspace;
  • All custom columns and measures where created at the OFICIAL DATASET file (not at the BUSINESS REPORT file);
  • I'm the owner of the report and I do have admin rights at the Workspace;
  • There is no special credential security configuration on any pbix file;

Now the most intriguing thing. After facing the problem, I've tryied to reproduce the error and I couldn't. These are the steps of the test:

1. Created a pbix file to be the OFICIAL DATASET connected to the dataflows and imported 2 entities just for instance;
  2. Created two measures;
  3. Published on Power BI Service (same workspace where the problem is happening);
  4. Created a pbix file to be the BUSINESS REPORT connected to OFICIAL DATASET (step 1) printing some data and the two measures;
  5. Published on Power BI Service (same workspace).

The result of this test is that I can see the "Publish to web" option for both reports, the one at OFICIAL DATASET and the one at BUSINESS REPORT.

After reading this weird scenerio, can you imagine where the problem is? Any idea to help?

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
AAntonichen

Hello Carlos!

I'm having the exact same problem as you do. Did you find any solution?

v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @trt18-sistemas 

Sorry, unable to reproduce your report problem.

You said that the problem has not reproduced. Does this mean that the problem is only for a specific report?

If  possible restrictions have been verified one by one  and  your problem still persists, it is recommended to create a support ticket so that the engineer can investigate the issue  on your side.
https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/ 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors