Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Publish Report Corrupts Data Model - "...does not hold any data because it needs to be recalc...

I noticed that for one of my data models, the Service encounters an error after I publish a change. I can correct this, but only by manually refreshing the report. The problem is that I often need to add a measure or update the data model, which I cannot do on the Service. I then need to upload the changes to the live environment from Desktop after making necessary changes. When I do so, downtime is a result until I can get on there and refresh manually after the upload.

I also noticed that the data model refreshes automatically after I publish. This is when the error happens (after the automatic refresh). I have to wait for the automatic refresh before I can manually refresh to fix the issue. Future automatic daily refreshes are not a problem.

How can I either (1) create measures right on the service or (2) solve this problem? Again, I have several other reports where this is not an issue, so maybe it is specific to this data model...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-cherch-msft Thank-you for the information. I actually discovered a measure in Desktop that I inadvertently broke. I am not sure why it was only calculated under certain conditions, but I restructured the model to accomodate. Everything back to normal!

Thanks again,

MCKery

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-cherch-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous 

Measures cannot be created on service.The issue seems like a caching issue.Please have a look at below posts to check if they could help.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Reports-break-when-i-add-a-new-measure-and-re-publish/td-p/148119

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/New-measure-not-appearing-in-power-bi-services-data-set/td-p/138502

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-cherch-msft Thank-you for the information. I actually discovered a measure in Desktop that I inadvertently broke. I am not sure why it was only calculated under certain conditions, but I restructured the model to accomodate. Everything back to normal!

Thanks again,

MCKery

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors