Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Publish Dashboard that use on permise data and cloud data

Hello,

I have a user that is creating Dashboards with on permise data and excel sheets in MS Teams. I know once he publishes the Dashboard. I can use the data gateway to access on permise data. With data in the cloud like data in MS Teams. Is it best practice to have users connect with their own credentials? or is there some type of solution like the on premise gateway for the cloud? We are moving to MFA so, having a user use his\her creds doesn't seem like the best connector for cloud data.... 

Any advise appreciated

Thanks! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-kelly-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

You can use the on-premises data gateway to merge or append on-premises and cloud data sources in the same query. This solution is helpful when you want to combine data from multiple sources without having to use separate queries.

Here is the reference.

Best Regards,
Kelly

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-kelly-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

You can use the on-premises data gateway to merge or append on-premises and cloud data sources in the same query. This solution is helpful when you want to combine data from multiple sources without having to use separate queries.

Here is the reference.

Best Regards,
Kelly

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @v-kelly-msft  for the info! If I read this correctly. The bridge account will need access to the cloud data source as well? Do you find that this account sprawls around your cloud services because of this? 

Hi @Anonymous ,

Yes,you need to get the access to the cloud data,it's a precondition.

Best Regards,
Kelly

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello!! First of all, when you create a report. You have to grant access to users to the report, so thats the first filter.
Second, You can add RLS to your data, si this mean that You can protect who is looking your data.
Third and finally, You can create a data flow, this mean You can create a flow of data using your selected data source and grant access to users to the mentioned flow.
Regards!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors