Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

alvin199
Helper III
Helper III

Publish App option missing in Workspaces

Hi, I am using Pro trial licence and not admin. 

I have view some of the video regarding Power BI App. Once created the reports/dashboards, we can push to publish as an App from Workspaces. 1 reports/dashboards in the workspace only allow to create 1 App.  I have few questions regarding this. 

1. Why the Publish to App option is missing in Workspaces?

2. If there are changes needed on the App, do I need to delete the exsiting App then do the amendment in the reports/dashboards then publish as an App?

Here is the heading of my Workspace where Publish to App option is missing.

alvin199_1-1651802582759.png

alvin199_0-1651802550961.png

4 REPLIES 4
v-kkf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @alvin199 ,

Has your problem been solved? If it is solved, please mark a reply which is helpful to you.

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information or the expected result you expect. Let me know immediately, looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Winniz

v-kkf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @alvin199 ,

I can see from the picture you are the "Contributor" role in your workspace, so you can't see the "Create app" button.

vkkfmsft_0-1652061795523.png 

1. If you want to create an app, then you are at least in the "Member" role. Please refer Roles in the new workspaces in Power BI for the permissions of the roles in the workspace.

image.png

2. You don't need to delete the original app when you update it, just go back to the workspace list of contents and select Update app in the upper-right corner. The people you've published the app to automatically see the updated version of the app. For more information, please refer to: Publish an app in Power BI 

vkkfmsft_50-1652062548074.png

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information or the expected result you expect. Let me know immediately, looking forward to your reply.
Best Regards,
Winniz
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you for the info. 😃

May I know how can I get to your page that stating my account is Contributor?

Hi @alvin199 ,

Are you able to see this "Access" icon in your workspace? If you can open it, you can see the roles of all users in this workspace. For example, I am the Admin for this workspace.

vkkfmsft_0-1652858130565.png

vkkfmsft_1-1652858158986.png

Best Regards,
Winniz

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors