Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Dean-Spooner
Frequent Visitor

Public Calendar

Hi All,

I am a fairly new user to Power BI. as part of my display i wanted to create an overview of the company public calendar where all appointments etc get inserted. This will then change daily so there is a visual appointment view of what people are doing each day. 

I connected to our exchange server and produced the first screenshot as ashown below with some basic date on for the current day. When I publish this, add an appointment to the public calendar and refresh it doesnt seem to show it. 

When I looked into the problem further i noticed the second message. Do I need to have a gateway installed on my exchange serve? I am trying to use my account to access the public calendar as I am a domain admin or does it have to be the p
ublic users login details in order to connect and refresh? 

Any advice you can offer would be appreciated 

Thanks 

Dean 

public.PNGdata source fail.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
venal
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@Dean-Spooner 

Please try to click on "Edit Credentials" and try to evaluate with the right details.

Try with "Refresh Now" to check for the latest data.

If rquired, try to schedule for refresh.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more

If this post was helpful may I ask you to mark it as solution and give it some kudos?

Hi,

Do I not need a gateway on my exchange server if I use exchange credentials then? 

I am trying to access the public email address but using my own login as I have access to this calendar. Do I need to specifically use Publics username and password? see screenshot below? 

calendar1.PNG

Hi,

As another note to this when I refresh this with the credentials on Desktop before uploading the calendar updates fine. it is only when I upload that I then have a refreshing problem/

Thanks 

Dean 

Hi,

i have had a look at this again today. It seems to report that I don't need a gateway configured because my data is in the cloud. That however is not correct as I am connecting to an on premise exchange server. I have since changed looking at the public calendar to just working on my own calendar. 

It refreshes all ok within power BI desktop below is a screenshot of what I am getting after the report is published. 

outlook6.PNG

outlook5.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors