Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

snetsmart
Frequent Visitor

Project Online odata - recreate cumulative calculated field from Service in Desktop

Hi all,

I've created many different interpretations of this in Desktop, but *something* is ellusive in duplicating this calculated field/cumulative visual that comes standard in the Service version. I can see totals for each day, but cannot figure out how to get the running total, day over day, for the life of the project, to work. Can anyone help me figure out the DAX behind it, and/or what fields are used from the odata data model?

I have a separate table built for Date Dimension and it's joined to the various date fields in the timephased data tables.

example.PNG

Thanks!

Stefanie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @snetsmart,

In your scenario, you need to create a measure to calculate running total in Power BI Desktop instead of Service. Generally, we can define DAX like below:

Cumulative Quantity :=
CALCULATE (
    SUM ( Transactions[Quantity] ),
    FILTER (
        ALL ( 'Date'[Date] ),
        'Date'[Date] <= MAX ( 'Date'[Date] )
    )
)

Also you can adjust DAX based on your real scenario, you can take a look at this article to check which pattern is more suit for you: Cumulative Total.

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @snetsmart,

In your scenario, you need to create a measure to calculate running total in Power BI Desktop instead of Service. Generally, we can define DAX like below:

Cumulative Quantity :=
CALCULATE (
    SUM ( Transactions[Quantity] ),
    FILTER (
        ALL ( 'Date'[Date] ),
        'Date'[Date] <= MAX ( 'Date'[Date] )
    )
)

Also you can adjust DAX based on your real scenario, you can take a look at this article to check which pattern is more suit for you: Cumulative Total.

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors